Friday, July 19, 2019

Judicator - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

Judicator
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper

© 2017 Christopher Burdett


What’s worst than death? Finding yourself in court!

A joke often repeated by members of the Union of Thieves and Scoundrels
(Origins unknown)


I will give it to you straight. If I were you and a constable told me I needed to pay a penalty fee, even if I didn't do anything, I would pay it. Pay it on the spot, right then and there. Yeah, sure, there might be some corruption among the constables, but you do not want to take your chances and have a Judicator give the wrong verdict. Keep your nose clean and stay as far from a Judicator and the courts as possible.

Adeline Spieler – Public Defendant
(Conversation overheard in a bar)


For more samples of my work head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment