Monday, September 23, 2019

Gray Wanderer's Talisman - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

Gray Wanderer's Talisman
  8 x 10 - Pencil and acrylic paint on paper
 Original - Currently not available 
© 2019 Christopher Burdett

My grandmother would tell me bedtime stories about the Wanderer in grey when I was a little girl. I would hide under my bed, scared that the Wanderer would come and take me away. My grandmother would try to comfort me by telling me that there was nothing to fear from the Wanderer if you were not wicked. As a little girl, my grandmother once saw the Wanderer and lived to tell the tale. Her parents said she was a blessed child while her neighbors said she was cursed. All I know is that I would rather not take the chance of meeting the Wanderer to find out which it is.

Vida Thill Saynoraq – Professor of Mathematics
(Personal journal)

For more samples of my work head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment